Login here to 25Live if you are ready to book your event:
How to Request Space and Current Booking Window
How to Request Space
- Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) - Online, Email, In-Person
- Organization must be active in HeelLife.
- Requestor must be listed on the organization's HeelLife roster.
- Request will not be accepted by organization advisors.
- UNC-CH Departments and Campus Based Non-Affiliates - Online, Email, In-Person
- Non-Affiliates - Email or In-Person
Email / Phone:
- Anyone may submit a request via email, phone or in-person. Request may be submitted by email or by phone to firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-3832.
Request may be made in person by visiting the Carolina Union, Office of Event Services at 209 South Road Chapel Hill, NC 27599, 3rd Floor Suite 3103. at least two (2) business days before a requested meeting date and forty-five (45) days prior to the requested event date. Any requests submitted under these deadlines are not guaranteed to be considered and are subject to late request fees.
Current Booking Windows
Weekend & Monday meeting requests must be submitted by 5pm Wednesday.
Fall 2022: August 14 – November 30
- Carolina Union supported General Purpose Classrooms will be reservable starting August 30, 2022, M-F after 6 pm and weekends in alignment with the Carolina Union operating hours.
Spring 2023: January 9 – April 28
- Carolina Union supported General Purpose Classrooms will be reservable starting two weeks after the start of the semester, M-F after 6 pm and weekends in alignment with the Carolina Union operating hours.
First Day of Reservations 2023
First Day of Reservations (FDR) will be Thursday, April 13, 2023. On FDR, Carolina Union spaces will be available for booking for Fall 2023 - Spring 2024.
Helpful Things to Know When Building Your Reservations in 25Live
- Submit only one reservation for reoccurring meetings by using the Repeating Pattern feature.
- Make separate reservations for Fall and Spring reoccurring meetings
We recommend that all clients add Pre-Event and Post-Event times to their reservation. Here is how to interpret the times in your reservation. If you need assistance update your reservation please reach out to Event Services.
Setup and Take Down (not adjustable): this timeframe in your reservation is the system designated buffer for our Event Services team to setup and takedown your event, clean the venue, and reset for the upcoming reservation. Event organizers are not permitted to utilize this time for event needs. If additional time is needed after your event please let your Scheduler or Event Manager know so that Post-Event time can be factored in.
Pre-Event: this time frame is your time to setup for your event (decorate, confirm correct setup, rehearse, etc.). Thirty-minutes to one hour of pre-event time is recommended.
Event: The start time (doors open) and end time (program end) of your event.
Post-Event: this timeframe is your time to takedown decorations and equipment from you event. Thirty-minutes to one hour of post-event time is recommended for attendee departure and event clean-up.
Holds and Waitlist
- Reservations must have a designated name/title, no “Holds” will be confirmed.
- There is not a waitlist feature in 25Live. You may check a location's availability in 25Live for updates.
How to Find Carolina Union Locations in 25Live
- Search using "GSU"
- Use the 25Live Public Location Searches
- Carolina Union Meeting Rooms
- Carolina Union Exterior Locations
- Carolina Union Performance Locations
Carolina Union Supported General Purpose Classrooms
The Carolina Union supports the following General Purpose Classrooms (GPCs) after 6 pm Monday - Friday and Saturday - Sunday in alignment with Carolina Union operating hours. All Event Services booking policies and guidelines apply to reservation made in these spaces by student organizations and university departments.
|Hanes Art (AR)||121||296|
|Carolina Hall (CH)||213||425|
|Gardner Room (GA)||105||122|
|Genome Sciences (GS)||1370||24|
|Hamilton Hall (HM)||100||403|
|Hanes Hall (HN)||112||34|
|Manning Hall (MA)||209||188|
|Mitchell Hall (MT)||106||19|
|Peabody Hall (PE)||217||33|
|Phillips Hall (PH)||212||28|
Information about each of these classrooms can be found on UNC Hotline. For all other GPCs reservations please reach out to the Office of the University Registrar at email@example.com.
How to Update Your Reservation
Any requests to change the date/time, space, layout, equipment, contacts and services on a reservation can be requested through email, phone or in person to Event Services.
After any update to your reservation you should receive a new confirmation and event details/estimate document. You can request an new copy at any time by emailing Event Services.
How to Cancel Your Reservation
- All cancellations of space, staff, and equipment must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable) to Event Services.
- Cancellations by UNC or Carolina Union: The University and Carolina Union have the right to cancel any event due to an emergency or perceived threat for any circumstance including, but not limited to, severely inclement weather, flood, facility condition, staff difficulties, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, acts or regulations of public or University authorities (including, without limitation, social distancing measures to limit the spread of contagious disease), interruption or delay of transportation service, utilities failure not due to University negligence, acts of God or war, terrorism, hazard to public safety, arrest or conviction of a member of Purchaser for behavior in conflict with the mission of the University, or any cause beyond the control of the University.
- Event Cancellations: Failure to confirm and/or provide event details to the Office of Events Services at least three weeks (21 days) in advance will result in the cancellation of the event.
- If a reservation is canceled more than three weeks (21 days) prior to the event, no charges will be assessed provided the Office of Event Services or the University has not incurred expenses required to provide the requested facilities or other services.
|Event Cancellation Fee – Less than 3 weeks||25% of event related charges|
|Event Cancellation Fee – Less than 2 weeks||50% of event related charges|
|Event Cancellation Fee – Less than 1 week||100% of event related charges|
|No Show/No Cancellation Fee||100% of event related charges|
- Meeting Cancellations: Cancellations must be received at least two (2) business days in advance of the meeting date. If client fails to cancel a reservation and the meeting is not held, all incurred expenses and a no-show fee of $25 will be charged.
- Cube Cancellations: Cancellations must be made a minimum of two (2) days in advance. Failure to do so will result in the loss the paint cart deposit.
How to Check In/Out of Your Reservation
- All clients must check in at the Carolina Union Welcome Desk when you arrive for your reservation, regardless of event location.
- University affiliated organizations must present their OneCard at check in. Non-Affiliate groups should check in with their driver license and phone number.
- Once your reservation has concluded, you will need to check out there as well.
- Student organizations must check in/out at the Carolina Union for reservations in General Purpose Classrooms.
- Failure to check in/out will lead to a reservation no-show on your account and potential fees/loss of reservation access.
All reservations go through a close out process after the event date or last reoccurring booking. All reservations with charges are invoiced on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. Invoicing dates may be adjusted to accommodate building closures and holidays. Information about how to pay your Carolina Union invoice can be found here.
Other Campus Venues
For more on campus venues for events visit ReserveCarolina.