The Carolina Union is more than a building, and working at the Union is more than a job. By joining the Union team, our student staff develops marketable skills and participates in professional development activities through committees, conferences, and the Carolina Union Employee Forum. The Carolina Union employs approximately 150 students a year in a variety of positions. Information about job opportunities are found in the menu on the left side of the screen.
• Develop marketable skills
• Compete in the Quest for the Union Cup
• Participate in professional development
• Pursue leadership opportunities
• Work on campus
• Meet new friends
The 2015–2016 formal recruiting cycle is now closed.
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for positions as needed. These opportunities are limited, and candidates will only be contacted if your application is a match for our needs. To submit an application, visit Student Life.
Applications for Design Assistant and Photography Assistant require a portfolio, and applications for Marketing Assistant and Editorial Assistant require writing samples.
Applications will be accepted from January 12, 2015, until all positions are filled; however, for full consideration, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, January 30, 2015.
1. Must be a full-time student enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2. Must be able to fully support the Carolina Union’s mission and philosophy
3. Be skilled at working both autonomously and as a team member
4. Value customer service and working with diverse clientele
5. Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
6. Basic computer skills necessary, including Microsoft Office
1. Attend Carolina Union Fall Training Wednesday, August 12–Friday, August 14, 2015
2. Work a shift during UNC’s FallFest on Sunday, August 16, 2015
3. Attend Carolina Union Spring Training Monday, January 11, 2016
4. Attend Student Employee End of Semester Banquet Thursday, April 28, 2016
5. Maintain weekly working hours as negotiated with supervisors
6. Attend departmental staff and supervisor meetings, as needed
7. Participate in Quest for the Union Cup
8. Participate in professional development sessions
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.