The Carolina Union is more than a building, and working at the Union is more than a job. By joining the Union team, our student staff develops marketable skills and participates in professional development activities through committees, conferences, and the Carolina Union Employee Forum. The Carolina Union employs approximately 150 students a year in a variety of positions. Information about job opportunities are found in the menu on the left side of the screen. Apply today, on the Carolina Union Heel Life page!
Why join our team?
- Develop marketable skills
- Participate in professional development
- Pursue leadership opportunities
- Work on campus
- Meet new friends
How to Apply
The 2017–2018 formal recruiting cycle is now open!
Click here to apply for the spring 2018 recruiting cycle!
- Basic personal information
- Significant employment, involvement, volunteer, and/or leadership experiences
- Short answer responses to these prompts
- How have your previous experiences prepared you for working in the Carolina Union?
- Generally, what role do you assume when placed in a "teamwork" situation?
- Please reflect on a time when you wished you had a "do-over" button. What would you have changed about that situation?
- In two sentences or less, please summarize your philosophy on customer service.
Applications for Design Assistant and Photography Assistant require a portfolio, and applications for Marketing Assistant and Editorial Assistant require writing samples.
- Must be a full-time student enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Must be able to fully support the Carolina Union’s mission and philosophy
- Be skilled at working both autonomously and as a team member
- Value customer service and working with diverse clientele
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Basic computer skills necessary, including Microsoft Office
- Maintain weekly working hours as negotiated with supervisors
- Attend departmental staff and supervisor meetings, as needed
- Participate in professional development sessions
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.