Failure to comply with any and all portions of the CUBE and/or Paint Cart policies will result in an additional charge, loss of reservation privileges, and/or loss of official University recognition.
- The CUBE is available for recognized student organizations for publicizing on-campus events open to the University.
- Use of the CUBE is on a reservation basis.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 2 days in advance.
- Reservations may be made in person at the Guest Services Desk Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm.
- The paint cart must be reserved at the time of your CUBE reservation.
- Only one reservation can be made at a time. Each additional reservation can be made after the previous reservation has expired.
- Organizations may not reserve a CUBE more than 3 times a semester.
- Organizations may not make reservations for simultaneous dates or for back-to-back dates.
- A single event may not be advertised on more than one panel.
- CUBE reservations may not be extended due to inclement weather.
- You must paint completely over the previous event and list the sponsor, event name, location, date, and time. Information listed must match the corresponding reservation information for the event being promoted.
- Any group wishing to paint the CUBE MUST use the Carolina Union Guest Services Paint Cart. Failure to follow this policy will result in at 12-month ban from use of the CUBE.
- Use of any paint or materials not provided by the Carolina Union is strictly prohibited.
- Sitting or placing items in front of the CUBE is prohibited. Doing so in no way provides preferred access to the CUBE and obstructs advertised event information.
- Posting fliers on the CUBE is absolutely prohibited.
- Events CANNOT be advertised for more than 10 days in advance. This includes summer, winter break, fall break, spring break, and holidays.
- If multiple dates are posted, 10 days will be counted from the final day of the event.
- If choosing to advertise the date tickets go on sale or any other date associated with the event, 10 days will be counted from that date.
- For environmental reasons, the paint cart is not available for use in inclement weather or temperatures below freezing. If the paint cart is not available during your scheduled painting reservation, you may re-schedule the paint-cart but NOT your CUBE reservation.
- Sharing of the paint cart is strictly prohibited.
- The drop cloth must be used at all times.
- Paint cannot be dumped in sinks, drains or anywhere outdoors. All paint spills should be cleaned or reported to Guest Services immediately.
- Please dispose of all sponges, paint tray liners, roller brushes, and anything else that is disposable. Simply place used materials in the provided trash bag and dispose in the garbage.
- Organizations are responsible for the cost associated with any damages or spills.
- If the paint cart is returned dirty (e.g. paint in paint tray, roller brush left on handle, etc…) the organization will immediately be charged an additional $12 either by direct cash payment or invoice.
- The paint cart can be checked out Monday-Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 8pm and Sunday 11am - 8pm.
- The paint cart is reserved at the time of a CUBE reservation.
- The paint cart is reserved for a 2 hour period.
- A cash payment of $12.00 is due at the time of your paint cart reservation.
- Any changes and/or cancellations must be made a minimum of 2 days in advance. Failure to do so will result in the loss the paint cart deposit.
This policy follows the UNC-CH Facilities Use Policy