Cancellations & Inclement Weather Policies
- Failure to confirm and/or provide event details to the Office of Events Services will result in the cancellation of the event.
- If a reservation is canceled more than three weeks (21 days) prior to the event, no charges will be assessed provided the Office of Event Services or the University has not incurred expenses required to provide the requested facilities or other services.
- Cancellation within three weeks of the event date will incur all reservation fees.
- Cancellation within two weeks of the event date will incur reservation fees, any incurred expenses, room charges, and 50% of labor charges.
- Cancellation within one week of the event date will incur 100% of all charges and incurred expenses.
- If client fails to cancel a reservation and the event is not held, all fees and incurred expenses will be charged.
- Labor and equipment changes or cancellations must be made in writing or via email.
- Cancellations must be made in writing or via email to the Office of Event Services at least 2 business days in advance of the meeting date.
- If client fails to cancel a reservation and the meeting is not held, all incurred expenses and a no-show fee of $10-$20 will be charged.
- Any changes and/or cancellations must be made a minimum of 2 days in advance. Failure to do so will result in the loss the paint cart deposit.
Reserving Alternative Locations In Case of Inclement Weather:
- Student organizations and departments are responsible for assuring that outdoor events have an alternative location in case of inclement weather. If an alternative location is not booked in advance future dates may be requested based on the Office of Event Services’ standard booking procedures.
- If either the Union Auditorium or Great Hall is chosen as the backup venue in cases of inclement weather the policies below apply:
When either venue is requested more than three weeks prior to the event, charges will apply regardless of use. Student organizations will be charged a $100 fee for either venue. Departments will be charged for the full price of the venue requested.
When either venue is requested less than three weeks from the event, charges will only apply if the venue is utilized. If the event requires additional services or staffing, late charges will apply.
Cancellation Due to Inclement Weather:
- If the Carolina Union Event Services Office or client cancels an event due to inclement weather and Union staffing and services have not been previously reserved for an alternative location, the client is responsible to pay:
2 hours’ labor per staff member assigned to the event
A $50 equipment cancellation fee
Any event expenses previously incurred (outside vendor charges, box office charges, inclement weather venue charges, etc.)