This fall, the Carolina Union is adopting several new policies and procedures for our visitors and guests. Carolina Union Board chair Darian Abernathy shares some of the most important changes, and makes a special request to students to wear a mask.
In addition to the guidelines below, all UNC policies and procedures apply to our building.
- Masks: Masks must be worn in our building at all times, except while dining.
- Cleaning and sanitation: Our housekeeping staff will be cleaning regularly, with a focus on disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Restrooms: Restrooms will be open, but some sinks and stalls may be offline to enable spacing.
- Spacing: Signs and markings throughout the Union will indicated required spacing. We may limit entry to the building if maintaining space is difficult.
- Entrances: Please enter through indicated doors, and follow flow of foot traffic guides.
- Closed Spaces: The East Wing of the building is closed to the public. Signs will clearly mark areas that are closed.
- Food Service: Wendy's and Alpine Bagel will open August 3. Hours may vary depending on county/state mandates.
- Hours: Building hours will be Monday-Friday from 7:30am-11pm, Saturday 9am-11pm, and Sunday 11am-11pm.
Meetings and Room Reservations
Meeting rooms will be operating at limited capacity and with reduced hours to enable sanitation between use. Contact our Event Services team for help with reservations.
Each office within the Union will follow its own procedures for business and meetings. Please view the video below for guidelines.