The application for official University recognition for the 2014-2015 year is now open. This is an annual process that occurs each fall, and in order to maintain a student organization's recognition from year to year this application will need to be submitted and approved. The deadline for submitting this application is September 30. The current primary contact for the organization should submit the registration. (Please note that this deadline is for existing groups to maintain recognition. Brand new groups may apply for initial recognition at any time between the first day of class in the fall and the last day of class in the spring.)
Official recognition gives your organization access to things such as the ability to reserve space on campus, request money from student government, and have an account with the Student Activities Fund Office, among others. If your organization wishes to have continued access to these resources for this academic year, it will need to submit an application by the September 30 deadline.
The application for 2014-2015 official University recognition for student organizations is available at http://studentlife.unc.edu.
To access and complete the application, the student who is the primary contact for the organization should:
1. Go to studentlife.unc.edu.
2. Select the "Log In" icon at the top right corner of the page.
3. Use their ONYEN and ONYEN password to log in.
4. Select the "Organizations" link along the top toolbar.
5. Select the "Search" link along the side toolbar, and search for your organization.
6. Select the "Register this Organization" icon underneath your organization name and description.
Visit this page for more information about official University recognition.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.