Are you passionate about representing the entire student body at Carolina, and helping uphold the Carolina Union's mission to create safe, inclusive and educational experiences?
We need leaders like you.
The Carolina Union Board of Directors are seeking applicants for the Student Member-at-Large and student organization appointment positions. The applications are available on Heel Life go.unc.edu/StudMematLarge and go.unc.edu/CUapplication. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Directors is comprised of a representative group of leaders on campus, including the Director of the Carolina Union, faculty members appointed by the Chancellor, appointed graduate students, and select student leaders from various student organizations.
The appointed both the Student Member-at-Large and student organization appointment positions are selected by the Carolina Union Board of Directors Membership Committee from an application process open to any registered, full-time student, not scheduled to graduate prior to the conclusion of the term they are to serve. This students will serve as a representative of the student body as a whole, and is thus a vital voice to the operations and the consciousness of the board.
Both positions are required to attend the bimonthly Union Board of Directors meetings, as well as meetings scheduled by any committees or subcommittees to which the student is appointed. Meetings are held on Wednesdays at 5:00 pm.
The primary duties of the Board include, but are not limited to:
- Selection of the Chair of the Carolina Union Board of Directors
- Participation in the selection of the Union Director
- Review, evaluation, and approval of Union finances
- Long range planning for the Union, including consideration and recommendation of
- Necessary fee increases to the appropriate parties
- Establishment of Union policy with regard to facilities use, programming, finances and
- Such other areas as the Board deems appropriate
- Final arbitration of disputes arising over Union policy