The Carolina Union has re-opened to the public. Several new policies and procedures have been adopted to keep our facilities safe for visitors and staff. These include:
- Masks: Masks must be worn in our building at all times, except while dining.
- Cleaning and sanitation: Our housekeeping staff will be cleaning regularly, with a focus on disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Restrooms: Restrooms will be open, but some sinks and stalls may be offline to enable spacing.
- Spacing: Signs and markings throughout the Union will indicated required spacing. We may limit entry to the building if maintaining space is difficult.
- Entrances and Exits: Please enter through indicated doors, and follow flow of foot traffic guides.
- Closed Spaces: The East Wing of the building is closed to the public. Signs will clearly mark areas that are closed.
- Food Service: Wendy's and Alpine Bagel will be open starting August 3. Hours may vary depending on county/state mandates.
- Hours: Building hours will be Monday-Friday from 7:30am-11pm, Saturday 9am-11pm, and Sunday 11am-11pm.
Please visit go.unc.edu/safeunion for detailed information. Darian Abernathy, chair of our Board of Directors, discusses our new policies in the video below: