Carolina United gives students the opportunity to partake and engage in intergroup dialogue while developing the skills to make positive change. Carolina United is a three-day overnight retreat that hopes to serve as a catalyst for UNC students to understand identity, equity, and social justice within them and their community.
Interested students can get involved with Carolina United in two ways:
1) Applying to serve as a Facilitator: Carolina United depends on students and staff to serve as small group facilitators, in order to cultivate dialogue, reflection, and connection among participants. Facilitators should have some experience in navigating difficult dialogue, conflict, and working with diverse groups, and is a great opportunity for students looking to develop skills in leadership, public speaking, facilitation, and time management.
Facilitator applications are currently open in Heel Life: https://go.unc.edu/CUFacilitator
2) Apply to attend as a Participant: Carolina United is an opportunity for graduate and undergraduate UNC students to engage themselves and others in reflection, intergroup dialogue, and inclusive leadership development. Participants should be interested and passionate about creating positive change, learning about social justice, and making a difference in the lives of others.
Participant applications will open in Heel Life on October 10th and close October 31st: https://go.unc.edu/CUParticipant
By attending Carolina United, facilitators and participants will be able to:
- Enact inclusive leadership practices during community engagement opportunities
- Align behavior and values to positively contribute to the UNC community.
- Analyze how their core values are integrated into their engagement with curricular activities
Please contact Natasha Young, Jordan Davis, or send an email to email@example.com with questions.