2021 Delta Advocates Cohort Update
Due to the on-going impact of COVID-19, the Delta Advocates program will not be recruiting new members for a 2021 cohort. Please check back later for further program updates.
Through peer education, campus outreach, and victim/survivor support, the Delta Advocates program works to provide a empathic and informed peer-level response to victims/survivors in our campus community and create opportunities for awareness, education, and prevention in the fraternity and sorority life community. Delta Advocates complete 39 hours of training in order to foster a non-judgmental environment where their peers can discuss their experiences with and the impacts of sexual violence, interpersonal violence, stalking, and harassment and facilitate referrals for support and reporting resources on campus and in the community. Delta Advocates collaborate with campus and community partners to engage chapters in awareness, education, and prevention efforts within the fraternity and sorority life community as well as our campus community.
Who are Delta Advocates?
Delta Advocates are undergraduate women in the fraternity and sorority life community trained to provide an empathic and informed response for victims/survivors of gender-based violence or harassment. They provide an opportunity for individuals who have experienced or have been impacted by gender-based violence or harassment to seek support for their experiences and learning more about options and resources available on campus and in the community. Please read below for more information, and visit our page on Heel Life.
Delta Advocates also collaborate with campus and community partners to engage the fraternity and sorority life community and greater campus in outreach, education, and prevention efforts. They strive to empower students to be active participants in creating a safer and more supportive community at Carolina.
Delta Advocates are not a confidential resource under University Policy and are required to share information about any incidents of gender-based violence or harassment with the Gender Violence Services Coordinators (GVSCs), who are professional University staff and serve as a confidential resource at the University. Seeking support from a Delta Advocate does not notify the Equal Opportunity and Compliance office or law enforcement of an incident.
Connect with a Delta Advocate
To view the current Delta Advocates and their contact information, please visit our website.
Delta Advocates Training
All Delta Advocates are required to complete two University sponsored trainings: HAVEN survivor support training and One Act bystander intervention training. Delta Advocates apply and are selected during the fall semester and attend a multi-day training at the beginning of the spring semester. They receive additional bi-weekly training and education throughout the spring and fall semesters.
If you'd like more information about the program, please contact a member of the Delta Advocates Leadership Team:
Holly Lovern: Gender Violence Services Coordinator, Carolina Women’s Center
Cassie Thomas: Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life
Rebecca Gibson: Report and Response Coordinator, Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office
2020 Delta Advocates
Alpha Chi Omega
- Logan Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josie Hicks: email@example.com
- Jenny Rubin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greer Underwood: email@example.com
Alpha Delta Pi
- Maddie Hannon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delta Delta Delta
- Peyton Miyares: email@example.com
Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Kayla Baresich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pi Beta Phi
- Elizabeth Cox: email@example.com
- Victoria Elledge: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Harley: email@example.com
- Natalie McAleer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendal Orrantia: email@example.com
- Carter Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sigma Rho Lambda
- Juliet Alegria: email@example.com
- Julia Hirschfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Speicher: email@example.com
Zeta Tau Alpha
- Amelia Ali: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maia Guterbock: email@example.com
- Amber Richards: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sofy Saiz: email@example.com
- Grace Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline Vincent: email@example.com