The following policy has been established to provide for the safe and equitable use of A-frames in designated accessible spaces around the Carolina Union including (but not limited to) the Pit and Union Plaza. Four A-frame sign holders with two sides each (eight total spaces) are available on a first-come, first-served basis to student organizations and University departments to advertise their events which take place within the bulding.
- A-frame sign holders are provided free of charge on the day of the event. In situations where an event spans multiple days the A-frame can be utilized on each day the event occurs.
- All signs must be printed 22” wide x 28” tall.
- All signs must be approved by Carolina Union Communications and Creative Services. Contact Communications and Creative Services for assistance with design and printing. Any assistance provided is subject to standard fees as posted on this website.
- Organizations and departments must utilize the Union’s A-frame sign holders and will not be allowed to make or use their own.
- The only exception to this policy is for Student Government campaigns and Homecoming campaigns. These events are covered by a separate policy created by Student Government.
Student organizations and University departments requesting A-frame space must comply with the following guidelines.
- Contact the Office of Event Services at least 30 days prior to the event to reserve A-frame space.
- Meet with Communications and Creative Services 30 days prior to reservation for design consultation.
- All designs created without the assistance of Communications and Creative Services must be approved a minimum of two weeks prior to the event. No glued or pasted signs will be accepted.
- The A-frame is displayed by Carolina Union staff on the day(s) of the event and removed at the conclusion of the event.
- Clients providing their own artwork must pick up their work the next business day.
Event Services and Communications and Creative Services have the right to deny signage requests that do not comply with the above procedures.
Failure to comply with any or all of this policy may result in a fine and/or loss of official University recognition.
This policy follows the UNC-CH Facilities Use Policy